MyCDC Design-A-Shirt Contest
The Mid-Island Community Development Coop (MyCDC) crew is looking for an original artwork to grace its first-ever t-shirt! Here is your chance to show your creativity and contribute to a growing movement around community development and sustainability here in Nanaimo. Submit your original artwork to the MyCDC T-shirt design contest by the deadline: July 10th, 2017.We are looking for a design that’s funky, stylish and unique!
The winning design will be the official MyCDC t-shirt design of 2017.
100% of all proceeds from sales will go to fund community-based projects in Nanaimo.
Art & Community Matter!
If you’d like to participate simply send your design with your name, age, address and phone number to email@example.com
Guidelines & Rules
- The design MUST be original, non-published work, and may not contain any copyrighted material. By submitting, you pledge that the design is original in its entirety.
- Participant must be 16 years or older
- The theme of the design is WHAT IS COMMUNITY? Based on MyCDC’s mission and vision. Please review at: www.mycdc.coop
- The entries will be evaluated on following criteria*:
- Original style
- Effectiveness of the image to convey a message,
- Originality & Creativity-
- Visual esthetic
*In a nutshell: We are looking for an image that’s funky, stylish, unique with a meaningful visual message about “What is Community?”
- The artwork is to be displayed only on the front of the t-shirt
- Design color must be in either black or white (not both), since designs will be printed on colored t-shirts.
- Maximum of 3 entries per person
- We reserve the right to make changes in design size, t-shirt and/or ink colour.
- By submitting, you give MyCDC the right to use the design as promotional material on our website and communication materials (i.e. leaflets, e-mails etc.) .
- Design may be hand-drawn or computer designed. Please submit as JPEG or PDF file at a minimum resolution of 300dpi. Vector images are preferred and should be submitted as Illustrator document of ESP. Hand-drawn Artwork MUST be scanned; no photographs of artwork will be accepted. Contact us if you are having technical problems!
- The artist may choose to incorporate the logo to their design ahead of time. The logo can be found on our website. If not included on the design, the MyCDC logo will be added to the t-shirt. Location and size will depend on the winning design.
- The winning artist will receive credit on the t-shirt (i.e. signature or name) and public recognition through the website and other media outlets.
- Please include your name, address, and telephone number in your submission.
- Contest ends at 5:00pm on Monday, July 10th, 2017
1st Place: Featured on the official MyCDC t-shirt of 2017. $150 and 2 t-shirts
2nd Place: 2 t-shirts
3rd Place: a t-shirt